Social Media Strategist (Monthly Contract)
Flying Solo Gear Co. is looking for a social media strategist for a casual month-to-month contract position. Job description will remain active until we find the perfect candidate.
Position: Social Media Strategist
Location: Australia, work remotely and on your own time.
Compensation: Negotiable, paid every fortnight or month (you choose)
Commitment: 5x superstar Facebook and Instagram posts per week, with insights reviews on the last day of every month.
Start Date: August 1 2017 negotiable
Are you passionate for small business and have a talent for writing copy that will make riders notice?
We're looking to gain traction and brand exposure for the upcoming riding season. Namely, helping with the launch of our brand new product, as well as potentially marketing and working at our stand at the Sydney Motorcycle Show this November.
We are searching for the ultimate results-based Social Media Specialist to help get our brand off the ground. The successful candidate MUST be interested in sportbikes and be a "people person" who shares the same values as Flying Solo Gear Co. Your aim is to reach out to riders across Australia via Facebook and Instagram, leaving the director to handle everything else.
So if you aren't just looking for any old job, but a way to make a mark in the motorcycle industry, read below! You'll be contacted via email if we're the right fit.
Perks of working with Flying Solo Gear Co.
- Bonuses for achieving agreed goals every month.
- During the term of the contract, enjoy cost-pricing on everything we sell online.
- Rare opportunity to help grow a small motorcycle business. We are not a motorcycle superstore. Here, it is all about the people.
- If interested, paid gigs selling products at track days and race days
- Free entry into any shows we are involved in, including Sydney Motorcycle Show
- Write engaging social media posts (Facebook and Instagram) using relevant hashtags and media that you will be provided via Google Drive.
- Maintain a consistent "voice" for our business using the same branding and colour palette as our website.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content for the brand every weekday (you have weekends off).
- Perform market research with the purpose of understanding the audience better.
- Provide weekly reports on relevant metrics, as well as plans and goals for the following week.
- Ultimately the goal is to increase conversions on our website for our two main product lines.
- Proven experience using both Facebook and Instagram and experience building an audience on social media.
- Ability to generate custom-created social media content for all relevant platforms.
- Knowledge and interest in online marketing and a good understanding of how to engage an audience.
- One "catchup" phone call per week with the director to make goals and ensure performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our brand and the needs of our audience.
- Interest/understanding of small business and how important it is to recognize the difference from being a corporate entity.