The Ashvault X Backpack 15L
NEW VERSION COMING JANUARY 2023
12 MONTH WARRANTY
EASY 30-DAY EXCHANGE OR RETURN
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100
Shaped to reduce fatigue.
Shoulder check with ease.
Pockets in all the right places.
Minimalist design packed with features for everyday use.
Your search for the perfect motorcycle backpack ends now.
Inner sleeve to fit a laptop, back protector, or water bladder.
Cutout neck area gives room for a racing hump or offroad neck brace.
Ashvault is ready for work and play... whatever you ride.
Ranked #1 on Carryology's Top 12 Motorcycle Backpacks for Commuting
MIND AND BODY AT EASE
Shoulder straps specifically designed to let you reach the handlebars without constraint.
Just enough 3D mesh to cushion the weight of your belongings.
Peace of mind knowing your electronics are protected in the waterproof pockets.
ASHVAULT MOVES WITH YOU
Ride for hours, cut some twisties, or venture off-road and experience zero weight shift or wind drag.
Even at speed.
DESIGNED FOR ALL RIDERS
Whatever you ride, Ashvault is perfectly shaped to maximise capacity while keeping close to your body.
The end result = weightlessness.
Whether you're sitting upright or in full tuck.
Length: 400mm / 15.75"
Width: 280mm / 11"
Depth: 150mm / 5.9"
Weight 0.6kg / 1.32lb
Capacity: 15L / 3.96gal
Outside: Black Snow Polyester
Inside: Waterproof Ripstop Nylon
Reinforced mesh shoulder straps
🔥 Ranked #1 on Carryology's Top 12 Motorcycle Backpacks for Commuting 🔥
- Guaranteed comfortable fit - or return the product for a refund, no questions asked
- Ride more, worry less with our unique distraction-free strap system
- Buckles on each strap so you don't get stuck from your leathers
- Smooth design to reduce drag
- Protect your spine by using the back protector
- Hydrate on the go - Camelbak ready
Powered by the passion and resilience of a rider who pushed through 18,000km (11,200 mi) on a solo trip around Australia, The Ashvault Backpack went through 7 major reiterations and 2 years of design before launching in October 2018.
Comfort, weather resistance, fatigue reduction, and even the ability to head check, were all incorporated the final design of The Ashvault Backpack.
We promise that your search for the perfect motorcycle backpack ends now.
- NEW: Easy on-off buckles on each strap
- NEW: Fade-resistant fabrics
- NEW: Upgraded zippers with glove-friendly pulleys
- NEW: Blacked out logos
- Zero-distraction strap system
- Contoured, anti-drag main compartment
- Waterproof exterior fabric and zippers
- Double-curved shoulder straps for maximum range of motion
- 3D mesh on the backside for maximum airflow
- Removable chest harness and water tube clip
- Padded sleeve for back protector, hydration pack, or 13" laptop (15" Macbook air)
- Padded pocket for iPad/tablets, small tools, and other small items
- Fully waterproof inside pocket for mobile, Spot tracker, cards, important documents
- 2x secret anti-theft pockets
- Bright orange inside panel to see your items easier
- Medical ID Pocket
- Headphone port
- External Dimensions (Metric, at the widest and tallest points, when filled to capacity): 40cm x 28cm x 15cm
- External Dimensions (Imperial): 15.75" x 11" x 5.9"
- Weight: 0.6kg / 1.32lb
- Volume: 15L / 3.96gal
- Includes helmet holder
- Includes rain cover
- Does not include water bladder
- Waterproof twill polyester (outside)
- Waterproof Ripstop Nylon (inside)
- Waterproof YYK zipper (all external zippers)
- Plastic mesh shoulder straps
Important note: Our Ashvault X Backpack is made of waterproof materials, however due to it's sewn construction, it is not a fully waterproof bag. You are encouraged to use the included waterproof cover when riding in heavy rain.
- CE Level 2 Back Protector (+$40 with Ashvault / $49.99 RRP)
- Extra love (+Free, Automatically added)
Shopping for Water-Resistant Motorcycle Backpacks Online
If you’re ready to get back on the road, set yourself up for success by investing in a well-made, well-designed bag. Knowing that considerate features, durable fabrics, and accessibility can make all the difference between a backpack well-loved and a long-forgotten purchase, our team has worked hard to bring the Flying Solo Gear Co community an ultra-functional bag.
Wondering what features are included in The Ashvault X Backpack and why? Read on to learn more about some of the innovative features included in this award-winning model. Ranked #1 on Carryology's Top 12 Motorcycle Backpacks for Commuting, we have a feeling that this design will be your favourite bag yet.
Riding Motorbikes Around Australia with Super Comfortable Backpacks
We get it—we’re all drawn in by great looking gear. When you live the life of someone who loves hitting the open road, flashy bags, sleek leather, and adventure-ready items seem like just the thing that will make your next trip the best one yet. Instead of getting sucked in by great-looking features, our team knows the bells and whistles that you’ll really need to have fun and stay safe.
Among the many outstanding features in The Ashvault X motorbike backpack, we’ve meticulously designed and incorporated:
- Well-Contoured, 3D Mesh Padding: tightly woven fabrics that leave no room to breathe are a recipe for disaster–and overheating on a hot Australian summer’s day. Look for breathable mesh that can help you stay cool and well-positioned on your bike.
- Zero Distraction Mesh Straps: Find yourself reaching for the handlebars? Poorly designed shoulder straps will throw off your stance and have you struggling to lean forward. Beyond standard comfort and stance, having bits, straps, and buckles flying around is a setup for distractions. Make sure your straps are streamlined, especially around the neck and face, to keep your focus on the road.
- Back Protector Sleeve: For regular riders and those going the distance, back protectors can mean the difference between minor injuries and more serious consequences. If you take your rider safety seriously (and you should), The Ashvault X Backpack includes an inner sleeve designed for a back protector, 15” laptop, or water bladder as needed. It's a backpack as versatile as your riding abilities.
- Fade-Resistant Fabrics: Along with UV-resistant backpacks and tail bags, the fabrics used in pack design should be able to stand up to the elements. From rain to harsh sun rays and off-road particles, we only use textiles that can stand up to daily use and environmental impact.
- Easy On-Off Buckles: Need to have your valuables, ID, and wallet accessible? Having easy on-off buckles is one way to make sure a rider's next bag is well-loved and well used.
- Glove-friendly Pulleys: Once again considering the accessibility needs unique to riders, a bag well used is a bag that’s easy to use. Instead of fiddling with zips, pulls, and buckles that are impossible to clasp, we’ve designed glove-friendly pulleys to make The Ashvault X Backpack’s use a breeze.
Just to name a few. Regardless of how great a bag looks, if the feel is off, you’re distracted by misplaced buckles, or it doesn’t include the features needed to keep you secure, all of the eye-catching features in the world won’t keep you safe and having fun.
Driving forward Motorcycle Backpack Design
Flying Solo Gear Co is an Australian motorcycle gear and apparel brand based in South Melbourne, Victoria. Dedicated to our growing community, we work tirelessly to design innovative motorbike bags and accessories to help you get even more out of being on the road.
Need support navigating your next purchase or have a question to ask? Feel free to get in touch with our customer support team. Delivering excellent customer service is one of our number one priorities—along with helping you safely, and securely, live your best life. Filling out or replacing your current kit? Check out our Tully Waterproof Tailbags or Killswitch Pack V2 today.
Black Bags for Black Dog
Flying Solo Gear Co is a proud member of the Retailers Doing Good program at Black Dog Institute.
We'll donate $5 of every purchase of a black bag to Black Dog Institute:
- The Ashvault X Backpack
- Tully Waterproof Tailbag Small 7L
- Tully Waterproof Tailbag Medium 15L
- The Killswitch Pack
The Black Dog Institute is dedicated to understanding, preventing and treating mental illness.
The Black Dog Institute was founded in 2002 and is internationally recognised as a pioneer in the identification, prevention and treatment of mental illness, and the promotion of wellbeing.
We aim to improve the lives of people affected by mental illness through the rapid translation of high-quality research into improved clinical treatments, increased access to mental health services and delivery of long-term public health solutions.
Our unique approach incorporates clinical services with our cutting-edge research, our health professional training and community education programs. We combine expertise in clinical management with innovative research to develop new, and more effective strategies for people living with mental illness. We also place emphasis on teaching people to recognise the symptoms of poor mental health in themselves and others, as well as providing them with the right psychological tools to hold the black dog at bay.
We work directly in all parts of the community as well as guiding the development of new and improved policy. We place focus on those with specific mental health needs like young people, Indigenous communities, men, and high-risk workforces.
Our primary areas of mental health research and treatment include: depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, workplace mental health, adolescents and young people, suicide prevention, e-mental health, and positive psychology and wellbeing.
Source: Black Dog Institute
The Ashvault X Backpack 15L
Ever since the first iteration I've loved using this backpack. It is light, have pockets for almost everything, reflective. Been using it as my daily backpack on the bike, electric unicycle or just taking transit. Felt a bit lost temporarily when I had to switch to other bag (uncomfortable with less space), but so glad that I'm back wearing this backpack.
I have two vintage motorcycles that do not have any luggage. The answer to carrying a few tools etc. is a backpack. The Ashvault X is perfect. Thoughtfully designed, and well built. Easy to put on and off. Doesn’t move around at speed either. I recommend it for sure.
Fantastic backpack I’ve used everyday for work and play. Fantastic customer service when warranty queried and lightning fast open response times. Couldn’t even try to commend this product or company more highly.
Light, rugged, perfect size and well worth the cash!